Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh De Nobili hats off to thee


  Denobili- My Alma mater (1992 - 2003)

This post is dedicated to all the nobilians all around the world.  I have been a dpsite, a bitian but being a nobilian is something which really makes me feel proud. Here is the school anthem of Denobili which I have sung innumerable times for 11 years. Every nobilian would remember this anthem.

Oh De Nobili hats off to thee;
To your colours true we shall ever be;
firm and strong united are we;
Rah, rah, rah. For DNS;
Rah, rah, rah, rah;
Rah, for De Nobili;
Hail, to the victors valiant,
Hail, to the conquering heroes,
Hail, Hail, De Nobili,
the leaders and the best;
Hail to the victors valiant,
Hail to the conquering heroes
Hail, Hail, De Nobili,
the champions and the best.

The feeling of nostalgia is creeping in and I find myself singing this song one more time at midnight , 7 years later in a room in Bangalore. Let me try to recall the names of all the class teachers from kg. I am sure all the 2003 ICSE  -Sec B pass outs will love it.
Kg B - Miss Mendonca
1   B - Mrs R. Thambe
2   B - Mrs M. Sen
3   B - Mrs M. Matthews
4   B - Mrs  Mousmi Mukherjee
5   B - Mr Ranjan Kumar
6   B - Mr Chandan Mukherjee ( My favourite)
7   B - Mr Mani
8   B - Mrs Jaineth
9   B - Mr Chandan Sarkar
10 B - Mr Chandan Sarkar

Amongst all the teachers, I will always remember Mr Chandan Mukherjee. He taught us maths and chemistry. He is a real genius. He was always there to guide and motivate me. I remember him giving me maths questions. I loved solving the questions given my him. Being the first one to solve questions given by him gave me a sense on achievement. I last met him in May of 2009 before living for Bangalore. Thank you sir for everything. You were the first one who taught me to compete. I never took anything seriously till class 6. I never studied, never took part in extra curricular activities.That one year in class 6 when he was our class teacher, changed my entire outlook. It all began with competing to solve the questions given by him and after that I have always tried to compete, success or failure being a different case. That one year changed me completely and suddenly I was amongst the toppers of the class. I was being appreciated for the first time. After that I have always wanted being appreciated.

My junior school life was all about cricket. Of my junior school I remember of only playing cricket and fighting. I remember the sand pit, the monkey ladder, the huge slope etc. I profoundly remember one of my fights with Yash, the dude. I don't remember the class,  it was either1 or 2. We were having a fight on the sand pit. A senior had come to resolve our fight. We both complained to him that the other one was the culprit. He made us fight again. He saw me overpower him and concluded that I was the culprit. I don't remember what punishment did he give. I did not like him then. I don't know why I remember the incident and now when I  think of it I  tend like that senior, that he applied so simple a logic to resolve the fight. I am not sure if Yash remembers that. :)

For now I will stop here.

To all the alumni in Banglore, join the Bangalore alumni chapter of Denobili. Here is the link
Bangalore Alumni Chapter 
 
These are few of the links related to Denobili -
School Website
Monkey Ladder - The online playground for nobilians

- Manish

1 comment:

  1. i hope yash reads this.. pretty sure his version of the story would be very different... :)

    ReplyDelete